CPR and First Aid Training
The City of Palm Coast Fire Department offers CPR and First Aid Training
- All classes start @ 9:00am and are located at Palm Coast Fire Station 25 training room (1250 Belle Terre Parkway Palm Coast, FL 32164) Please enter through the doors on North side of Station.
- The youngest age for which we can offer a course is 13.
- A minimum of six persons is required for each course date. If fewer than six persons have registered, each person will be contacted to reschedule.
- Please review the courses listed below. A list of dates follows each course description.
- For further information on any of the courses, please contact email@example.com.
Healthcare Provider (9am-1:30pm) (Cost - $65)
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Course is designed to provide to a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, effective and timely manner.
Examples of those who may need this certification are as follows: EMS personnel, physician assistants, dentists, nurses, respiratory therapists and others who must have a credential (card) documenting successful completion of a CPR course.
The 4.5-hour course is video-based with instructor-led discussion and simulation. Students participate in, practice, and complete various skills and learning stations. We will provide a workbook for you to borrow during the course. If you wish to purchase a book prior to class, please make sure its the most current version (BLS Provider Manual AHA 2015 Guidelines).https://shopcpr.heart.org Students are also required to bring their own CPR Pocket Mask to the course.
First Aid and CPR/AED (9am-4pm) (Cost - $50)
Heartsaver First Aid is a 7-hour classroom course (includes 1 hour for lunch) that is designed to meet OSHA regulations. The course teaches basic first aid skills such as :
- Giving CPR to an infant, young child, or an adult
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Using a mask or barrier device
- Stopping bleeding that can be seen
- Helping someone with a possible sprain or broken bone
- Making sure the scene is safe
Student workbook will be provided for student to use in the class and keep for further reference.
April 25th, 2020